How we investigate complaints
EWON is committed to providing a high quality, independent dispute resolution. EWON strives to deal with complaints in a way that is fair, just and timely. Where possible, we aim to provide the supplier with opportunities to resolve the matter.
Each complaint is assessed individually however the following points outline our general approach to complaint-handling.
- If you haven't contacted your supplier about the problem, we will offer to put you in touch with the company.
- With your permission and where appropriate, we may refer your complaint to a senior officer in the company or the company's complaint-handling department.
- If the matter is complex and not easily resolved, we will allocate an Investigations Officer to your case.
- Where an investigation is undertaken, we will try to negotiate a settlement between you and your supplier.
- If we are not able to help you, we will try to find an organisation that can.
How long will it take?
Most matters are finalised by EWON within a few days. If it is not resolved within this time, an Investigations Officer will be allocated to investigate your complaint. We will continue to investigate for as long as there are grounds to support further investigation, or until the matter is resolved.
- We seek information from the supplier (eg account records or claim files)
- We may seek further information from you (eg copies of bills, letters or receipts)
- We may seek independent expert advice (eg engineer, solicitor or loss adjuster)
- In the end, if the matter is not resolved, the Ombudsman can make a determination (decision) to resolve the case
- You can choose whether or not to accept the determination. If you accept it, then the supplier is bound by the determination
Requesting a review
If you are not satisifed with the progress of your case, please ask to speak to an EWON Senior Officer.
If you are not satisifed with the result of an investigation, or you have additional relevant information, you can request an internal review. If possible, please put your request for an internal review in writing and specify the reasons you are disputing EWON's conclusion.