What can't I complain about?

Private contractors

We can't investigate complaints about private contractors (electricians, plumbers and gas fitters). This includes contracting arms of electricity, gas and water suppliers where the work is open to competitive quotation. If your problem relates to a private contractor, contact Fair Trading NSW.

Tariff or price increases

We can't investigate complaints about energy and water price increases. The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal reviews electricity, water and gas pricing in NSW. EWON does not set tariffs and charges, but can check if these charges have been applied correctly. Further information is available on the AER's website.

Your landlord

We can provide advice to tenants on high bills caused by a fixed appliance (eg hot water heater) but we do not resolve disputes with landlords. Advice in relation to these matters can be obtained from Fair Trading NSW or Tenants NSW.

Do you have a dispute with a Gas, Water or Electricity supplier?


Freecall1800 246 545

Share this page

  • share this page via email
  • share this page on twitter
  • share this page on facebook