Design Officer (Parental Leave Contract)
- Maximum term full-time parental leave contract
- Real opportunity to make a difference
- Convenient Sydney CBD location and flexible working environment
- Join a collaborative small team
EWON is highly respected and provides consumers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. Working in an ombudsman scheme provides a unique career experience for people with a strong customer service orientation, who are looking to be part of a great team doing rewarding and valuable work.
Be a part of the Communications & Outreach team in the Governance, Awareness & Policy group which is responsible for promoting and raising awareness of EWON and utility issues affecting NSW consumers. The team manages EWON’s media interactions, online presence and intranet, publications and other resources and corporate style. The Design Officer is responsible for EWON’s visual identity and contributing to its overall communications function.
- designing EWON’s Annual Report for print and online, including presenting complex data in a simple and visually engaging manner using graphs and infographics
- designing electronic newsletters, printed brochures, factsheets and a range of other collateral and information materials
- developing highly engaging presentations
- updating online applications including EWON’s public website and intranet
- creation of visual assets for all online platforms (images, infographics, and video)
- creating content for internal and external use including:
- Creating animated explainer videos
- Photography and videography of events
- Audio recording and editing
To be successful in this role, you need the below skills and experience:
- Recognised qualification in Graphic Design or Graphic arts
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in Graphic Design
- Highly proficient in Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Advanced Microsoft Suite application skills specifically around templates and implementing organisation wide styles
- Ability to translate complex data and statistical information into easy to understand graphic and audio-visual formats
- Familiarity with and aptitude for other technical applications, including databases and Electronic Distribution Mail systems
- Track record of applying branding/style guidelines to create an engaging and consistent corporate identity
- Experience producing video material using Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Animate is desirable
What we can offer you:
- Access to a wide range of flexible working options including flexible time off
- Attractive salary packaging provisions
- Dynamic and ongoing professional development (using the 70:20:10 learning framework) with access to online learning, and regular professional MasterClasses
- An exciting wellbeing program with extensive offerings
To view the position description, click
Send your resume and cover letter addressing the above skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
- EWON is an EEO employer
- Applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
For more information contact Priya Kotmire, HR Business Partner on 8218 5284.
Applications close 26 April 2021.