Policy and Research Officer
- Full Time - 12 month contract – potential to extend
- Grow your skills – comprehensive training and development
- A reputable organisation in convenient Sydney CBD location
- Attractive salary packaging provisions available
- Valued based culture with excellent working conditions
EWON is highly respected and provides consumers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. Working in an ombudsman scheme provides a unique career experience for people with well-developed analytical skills, who are looking to be part of a great team doing rewarding and valuable work.
The Policy & Research Officer’s role includes preparing compelling submissions and reports, carrying out project work, reviewing and analysing EWON’s complaints data to inform policy development, working closely with our Investigations team to identify and resolve systemic issues, and maintaining effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Full training is provided, with supportive team culture and excellent work environment!
This is a key role at EWON and a fantastic opportunity where the results of your hard work will be noticed.
- Maintain specialist knowledge as a resource for others
- Systemic issues identification and management
- Policy development and the preparation of submissions
- Information management, including disseminating external regulatory and policy changes within EWON
- Stakeholder relations management, including relevant government, regulator, consumer organisations, other ombudsman and provider contacts
- Support management decisions and the direction of EWON
To be successful in this role, you need the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write to different audiences, draft public submissions and develop policies
- Knowledge & understanding of the energy and water sectors
- Experience in gathering, analysis and interpretation of complex information
- High standard of attention to detail
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Foster good communication and cooperative relationships
To find out more about working at EWON and to view the position description, click here
Send your resume and cover letter addressing the above skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
For more information, contact Priya Kotmire, HR Business Partner on 02 8218 5284.
Closing date for applications is Monday 20 July at 5.00 PM.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EWON is an EEO employer
- Applications from agencies will not be considered at this time
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia