Policy & Research Officer (12 month contract)
- Full Time - 12 month contract – potential to extend
- Grow your skills – comprehensive training and development
- Reputable organisation in convenient Sydney CBD location
- Attractive salary packaging provisions available
- Valued based culture with excellent working conditions
EWON is highly respected and provides consumers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. Working in an ombudsman scheme provides a unique career experience for people with well-developed analytical skills, who are looking to be part of a great team doing rewarding and valuable work.
The Policy & Research Officer’s role includes preparing compelling submissions and reports, carrying out project work, reviewing and analysing EWON’s complaints data to inform policy development, working closely with our Investigations team to identify and resolve systemic issues, and maintaining effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Full training is provided, with a supportive team culture and excellent work environment!
This is a key role at EWON and a fantastic opportunity where the results of your hard work will be noticed.
- Maintain specialist knowledge as a resource for others
- Support management decisions and direction of EWON
- Identify opportunities for policy development and research
- Systemic and topical issues identification and management
- Policy and development submissions
- Information management, including managing EWON’s project database
- Stakeholder relations management, including relevant government, regulator, consumer organisations, other ombudsman and provider contacts
To be successful in this role, you need the below skills and experience:
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write to different audiences, draft public submissions and develop policies
- Experienced in gathering, analysis and interpretation of complex information
- High standard of attention to detail
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Foster good communication and cooperative relationships
To view the position description, click here
Send your resume and cover letter addressing the above skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Emily Ramsay, HR Officer or Priya Kotmire, HR Business Partner on (02) 8218 5271.
Closing date for application is 1 July 2019 at 9.00am