Communications Officer (6 month contract)
- Full Time - 6 month contract (leave cover)
- Convenient Sydney CBD location
- Values based culture with excellent working conditions
EWON is highly respected and provides consumers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. Working in an ombudsman scheme provides a unique career experience for people with a strong customer service orientation, who are looking to be part of a great team doing rewarding and valuable work.
We currently have a 6 month fixed term contract (full time) available in our Communications and Outreach team to cover a leave period.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Communications Officer to produce EWON’s annual report, manage media enquiries and assist with other communication activities.
- Designing documents, collateral and other material
- Coordinating development of EWON’s Annual Report
- Co-ordinating corporate events to run smoothly
- Maintaining, updating and enhancing EWON’s online and social media platforms
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Undertaking project research and co-ordinating projects as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated project planning and coordination skills, including Annual Report or other large-scale publication development
- Experience drafting media releases, preparing media responses and liaising with journalists
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit different purposes
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Advanced design skills including experience using Adobe Creative Cloud programs Indesign and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to liaise with people at all levels
Send your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to email@example.com.
Click here to view the position description
Need extra information?
Please contact Emily Ramsay on 02 8218 5232.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15 January at 5pm.
- EWON is an EEO employer
- Applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia.