About the Company
EWON (Energy and Water Obmudsman NSW) is an industry based Ombudsman scheme that provides all NSW energy and some water customers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. We work towards achieving a fair and reasonable outcome for all parties- we are not a consumer advocate, nor do we represent industry.
This is an opportunity to work for an organisation that takes pride in its customer values, offers a flexible working environment, ongoing professional development and truly believes in supporting the wellbeing of their staff to keep both their minds and bodies healthy.
The role of the Investigations Officer (IO) is to record, investigate and resolve complaints from customers about gas, electricity and some water providers, in line with the regulatory framework and EWON’s complaint handling policies and processes.
To be successful, you will be required to utilise your verbal, written and analytical skills together to produce an unbiased, independent, impartial outcome for both your customer and the organisation.
Effective Complaint Management
- Follows the principles of procedural fairness and acts independently, without bias and adheres to EWON’s complaint handling policies and processes, including EWON’s Case Handling Manual (CHM)
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Identifies key issues and outcomes sought, understands the perspectives of customers and providers (concerns and needs) and effectively manages customer expectations and provides relevant information
- Manages conflict using alternative dispute resolution practices – with customers, providers and colleagues in line with EWON’s policies
- Relevant tertiary qualification – TAFE Certificate or above in a relevant field
- Complex customer complaints or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) environment experience gained through working in a complaints team and responding to complaints in a complex environment
- Strong Communication skills – Highly developed written and verbal communication skills are essential as you will need to relay complex information to a customer in a clear manner
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills – Being able to assess and analyse technical information to come to an independent conclusion
- Ability to work independently