About the Company
EWON (Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW) is an industry based Ombudsman scheme that provides all NSW energy and some water customers with independent, free, informal dispute resolution services. We work towards achieving a fair and reasonable outcome for all parties- we are not a consumer advocate, nor do we represent industry.
This is an opportunity to work for an organisation that takes pride in its customer values, offers a flexible working environment, ongoing professional development and truly believes in supporting the wellbeing of their staff to keep both their minds and bodies healthy.
Investigation Officers (IO’s) – Initial Response Team are responsible for receiving and documenting complaints, identifying issues and providing appropriate referrals. This role requires a customer service professional with advanced interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a high volume telephony environment and a demonstrated commitment to:
- Ensuring all customers receive the highest level of customer service through taking a customer focused approach to handling complaints and enquiries.
- Managing situations where individuals are distressed or emotionally distraught, experiencing other communication challenges, or where the customer may not agree with, or may not be satisfied with, the message or information being provided.
Outstanding Customer Service – Complaints Intake
- Receives initial customer complaints/enquiries by telephone, email or online, identifies issues and then effectively assesses the situation and next steps
Effective Complaint Management
- Effectively manages complaints received within timeframes and follows the principles of procedural fairness and acts independently and without bias. You will also prepare written correspondence to customers and identify complaint trends to bring to management’s attention
Records Management Standards
- Accurately and appropriately inputs data into EWON systems and establish and maintains accurate, appropriate and timely records.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high volume complaints industry.
- Strong track record in delivering excellence in customer service.
- Proven experience working within a complaints process and using a complaints management system.
- Ability to respond to complaints in a technical environment.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills alongside the ability to coherently communicate complex information to a customer
- Computer literate – the ability to listen to a customer whilst typing down relevant notes and information in a clear and accurate manner
This recruitment is to be managed by Future People (Recruitment Specialists).
For more information contact:
To view the position description, click here