Home Energy Action Program
The Home Energy Action Program (HEA) is a NSW Government initiative designed to help low income households reduce energy costs by replacing old appliances with new energy efficient models.
To be eligible for this program, customers must meet the following conditions:
- Be a NSW resident
- Hold one of the following valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card or Low Income Health Care Card from Centrelink
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
- Own a fridge six years old, or older, and want to replace it OR
- Own a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television and want to replace it
What appliances can I replace?
The Government is offering a 40 percent discount on the cost of a fridge and a 50 percent discount on the cost of a TV. The new appliances will be delivered to your home and installed and your old appliance can be removed and recycled.
See a full list of the appliances and their discounted prices.
How to apply
Eligible customers can apply for the scheme online in three steps. Apply for the program online, here.