Problems with your energy or water provider?
Don't just complain to your folks, your friends, or Twitter. Complain to your provider (and then us).
We've got your back
We're the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW, an independent service that's here to help you resolve issues with your electricity, gas and water company. And guess what? We're free!
All electricity and gas companies in NSW (and some water companies) are required by law to be our members. So, it’s in their interest to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
How does it work?
- You have a problem with your electricity, gas or water company.
- Let them know. Trust us, things won't improve if you don’t.
- If you’re happy with their response – that’s great! Now you can get on with your life.
- Not happy with their response?
- Then talk to us.
- We'll investigate your complaint and find a fair and reasonable outcome.
What can I complain about?
You can complain about a wide range of things related to your electricity, gas and water accounts, including:
- high bills
- opening or closing accounts
- living in an embedded network
- and more, see the full list.
Just remember to contact your provider first. If you’ve done that and you’re unhappy with their response, then you can come to us.
Where can I learn more about energy?
We have plenty of resources to help you manage your account, understand your rights and learn how to reduce your electricity, gas and water use (and save money). You can also call us at any time if you need some free advice on 1800 246 545.
Share the campaign
If you'd like to spread the word, feel free to share our campaign.