Call for Community Director nominations
The Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) is calling for nominations to be one of the five Community Directors on the EWON Board from November 2021.
EWON is the independent dispute resolution scheme for NSW electricity and gas customers and some water customers. The Board is responsible for corporate governance, funding, and strategy. Under our Constitution the Board consists of five Industry Directors, five Community Directors and an Independent Chair.
EWON requires Community Directors who:
- have demonstrated experience in and knowledge of consumer and/or small business interests relating to any aspect of the complaint handling service provided by EWON
- are capable of reflecting the viewpoints and concerns of consumers
- have the trust and confidence of consumers and consumer organisations
- have knowledge, skills, personal qualities, and commitment that will add value to the EWON Board
- are available to devote sufficient time to the role
- previous Board experience and Australian Institute of Company Director qualifications will be well regarded
- skills and experience in one or more of the following are essential:
- financial management
- risk management
- legal compliance
- technology and digital
- mall business interests.
We are committed to serving NSW’s diverse communities and encourage nominations from applicants with a range of backgrounds.
How to nominate
Nominations should be sent confidentially to Helen Ford, EWON Company Secretary, by email by close of business on Friday 23 July 2021.
Nominations should include:
- nomination/endorsement by the CEO or Board Chair of a community organisation
- a statement by the nominee addressing each of the selection criteria listed in 1-7 above
- a current resume.
Nominations will be considered by the EWON Nominations People and Culture Committee which will make recommendations for final decision by the Board. The selection process will include an interview which will be held on Tuesday 10 August 2021. Nominees are asked to keep that date free.
The Board meets six times a year and has a number of sub-committees. Directors also participate in EWON’s two half-day Consumer Consultative Council meetings each year. Appointment is for a three-year term, with the possibility of one subsequent term. Directors’ fees of $20,675 plus 10% superannuation per annum are paid to Community Directors.
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Ford, Company Secretary by email.