Support for flood affected customers
If you or your business has been impacted by the NSW flooding during March 2021, there's support available from government and community agencies. You might also need extra support relating to your energy and water accounts, including:
- additional time to pay your bills
- a break in a current payment plan due to your changed circumstances
- help with reconnection of supply or meter replacement.
Energy provider assistance
All energy retailers and networks have existing hardship programmes that are designed to support you if you're having problems paying your bills. Contact your retailer or distributor directly to find out how it can help.
Information about outages and reconnection of supply is available on energy distributors’ websites:
- Sydney's Greater West, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands the Illawarra and the South Coast - Endeavour energy outages
- All other areas of regional NSW - Essential Energy flood updates
- Ausgrid storm safety and outages
Water provider assistance
Water providers may also offer payment extensions and other assistance. Please contact your provider directly to discuss how it can help.
How we can help
If you have an issue with your energy or water provider, contact them first to find out how they can help. If you're not happy with their response contact us to lodge a complaint. We handle complaints about any of our members.
Government and community support
- Recovery Connect can help you find support near you from government, charities, and community organisations.
- The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is available if you've been adversely affected by the floods and if you live in one of the eligible local government areas.
- Service NSW are providing support services for people and businesses impacted by the floods. Call the Disaster Customer Care Service on 13 77 88 or visit their website.
- The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) can help to resolve complaints about your insurance company.
- Legal Aid's Disaster Response Legal Service can help you with everyday legal problems including insurance claims and disputes, financial hardship, tenancy and Centrelink.
Support for small business
Service NSW have collated a list of business support for flood-affected communities. You can also find support links on the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman website and the Small Business Commissioner website.