Open mobile menu

Exempt sellers

EWON can help electricity consumers who are not directly billed by an electricity supply company, for example, if you live in a residential park or if your property is supplied electricity via an embedded network and are billed for usage by the owner or manager. EWON can only help however if your electricity supply is individually metered.

Matters that we can investigate include:

  • disputed accounts
  • fees and charges
  • disconnection of supply
  • quality of supply

Investigations staff, with knowledge of the industry and the laws relating to on-sellers, can:

  • investigate the circumstances that led to the complaint
  • provide you with information about how and what you should be charged
  • try to negotiate a settlement between you and your supplier
  • refer you to appropriate organisations that may be able to help with your complaint
  • suggest other ways of resolving the dispute, if necessary
  • review the complaint if you are not satisfied with the result of the investigation

We will not contact an exempt seller unless you give us clear authority to do so.

You can continue to approach the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) to assist in the resolution of disputes. We will not usually investigate a complaint already being heard by NCAT, unless requested to do so by the Tribunal.